June 24, 2013

Intro

Hello! 
My name is Vanessa, and I am currently enrolled in the Adapted Physical Education Credential Program at Chico State.  I have just finished my first year as an Elementary Physical Education Teacher in the Bay Area.  I instructed students from all different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.  After successfully completing my first year as a teacher, my philosophy on teaching has developed into something more complex.  I am passionate about teaching students with all different abilities, whether it is in General Education PE or Adapted PE.  It is important as a teacher to be able to modify content at any time throughout the day.  I believe that teaching requires patience, flexibility and being passionate about your subject matter. Without these three components, your students will not receive the benefits they deserve.

I look forward to blogging my experiences while becoming an Adapted Physical Education Teacher!

2 comments:

  1. You're page looks great, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the neat APE picture for your title?

    ReplyDelete